POSITION: Researcher and Archivist
Start Date: September 2022
Part time: $25/hr. 20 hr./week, 6 months
*Hybrid Position. We have a flexible working arrangement that includes remote working options for staff.
Location: Sur Gallery, Toronto. 39 Queens Quay East Suite 100
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 2, 2022, 11:59PM ET
Reporting to the Director/Curator, the Researcher/Archivist (RA) will be acquiring, storing and researching textualmaterial, pictures, maps, architectural documents, electronic materials, filmsand videos, sound recordings, and multimedia materials of Latin AmericanArtists in Canada. For the duration of the contract the RA will be sourcing andgathering this information in order to create a database of Latin AmericanArtists in Canada. This database will be hosted virtually and it is theresponsibility of the RA to arrange and maintain it. The RA will be self-confident, a highly organized arts professional withstrong interpersonal, communication skills and show a positive attitude.
The primary responsibilities of the RA include:
- Research- historic research toupdate databases
- Support the development of thedatabase by conducting research, sourcing and preparing images, writing copy,and sourcing information
- Creating an online database of LatinAmerican/Latinx artists in Canada
- Successful completion of postsecondary education in a related discipline
· Haveexperience working in heritage, museums, or galleries
- A strong knowledge and familiarity of Latin American Artists.
- Have proven research skills
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in website maintenance, social media marketing, database maintenance, word processing, and excel.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Typo 3, and basic web builders (ex: Format)
- High level of professionalism
- Experience using online communication platforms such as Zoom.
- Proficiency in Spanish/Portuguese/French is an asset
- Knowledge of contemporary Latin American art is an asset
Core Competencies Required for Success:
- Results-Oriented - Ability to work well in often hectic yet creative environment. High degree of flexibility, ability to maintain deadlines under pressure.
- Self-Management – Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relations, communication and problem solving
- Proficiency with MAC – Computer software and applications competency
Deadline: August 2nd, 2022, or until the position is filled.
To apply for this position please email us at email@example.com with your letter of intent, resume and 2 references. We will only contact you if we schedule an interview.